Rational:
For my topic I decided to choose three live event locations destinations. These live event destinations are locations that keep wellington exciting, fun and loud. For the brochure I wanted to focus and illustrate the atmosphere that each of the destinations offers, keeping in mind specific unique elements that these locations have to offer, and also looking at communicating the differences and similarities these destinations share.
Jim Beam Homegrown offers a wide range of national artists, 57 artists and 7 stages with a capacity of 20,000, it is the larger event therefore more of crowded destination. James Cabaret offers a range of international acts throughout the year, with a capacity of 1,000 it is an intimate destination. Bettys offers a range of local DJs, with a capacity of 250 it is more a social destination.
I wanted to show the popularity of each place by showing the average amount of people that attend to each destination. Through out my compositions the visual language I have used contributes in effectively illustrating my ideas; by focusing on the attendance, price, and average time of event I have re created the atmosphere that each of these venues have to offer. I have chosen the colours I have used effectively to illustrate the energy each destinations offers, I have also used shade in the background to portray the time of day each of the locations begin. By using grid in inDesign I was able to align the text and illustrations so that they were all inconsistently consistent to emphasis on those differences and similarities that the music performance locations share. I have decided to use a stylish font for my headings as it matches the theme and appropriate for the topic of my brochure.
Through out this process I have learnt that I prefer documenting my process in my workbook rather than the blog, as the workbook is physical and enables me to doodle and sketch ideas. I enjoyed this assessment as I was able to focus on my strength which is vector work. I learnt that I enjoy expressing my ideas through vectors rather than photographs which could be a positive and a negative. For future design work I will work on expending my ability and try working photographs. Also I will work on documenting more on both medias the blog and the workbook.
No comments:
Post a Comment