Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Week 1

Session 1:


In today's class we looked at the brief. 

Brainstorm: In work book

Destination:


For my destinations I want to choose a topic that is fun energetic and communicates to the youth of Wellington. 

I looked at some of the works from previous years...



I really like the use of colour and simplicity in this composition


I like the effective use of texture


I like the sophistication in the text perspective

After looking at these I then took to my workbook to make a final decision on my destinations

Session 2:


This session we are looking at researching

REASEACH: 



BETTYS

if you love clubbing and electric music in a small social box then Bettys is the place for you. 



Bettys is an award-winning function house and bar situated in Wellington's Courtenay Quarter. It offers an eclectic mix of hospitality, functionality and innovation. 



Set within an ever-changing digitally projected environment, Bettys offers something unique.









JAMES CABARET:


If you love international hip hop, alt music, or whatever, you name it then James Cabaret will bring it, with international artists performing at the venue now and then. 


2014/15 has seen some great International & local bands play at the James Cabaret...


THE JAMES CABARET - THE ICONIC VENUE ESTABLISHED BY JIMMY JAMES BACK IN 1936 & THE PREMIER VENUE FOR BANDS OF THE 70'S, 80'S & 90'S IN WELLINGTON!





HOMEGROWN:


Homegrown is the place for you, held once a year 57 acts come together with 7 stages to give you what you want.


Jim Beam Homegrown supports all things green and we'd appreciate it if you could make your presence at the festival as environmentally friendly as possible.


At the 2014 festival they were able to recycle 74% of all waste away from Landfill which was a great effort. 


website








REASEACH: COLOR SWATCHES



i like the the blues in these swatches


i like the purples and orange


i like the oranges


the dark blue is a nice tone for night time 






No comments:

Post a Comment